Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Food Republic

FOOD REPUBLIC
Hurry! Offer ends 31st October!
Location: 4th Level, Wisma Atria (same level as the Sony gallery)


I cannot give any proper ratings, as we know, Food Republic is a food court, albiet a SPANKING NEW one! It takes up the entire 4th level, and so the variety of stalls is just stunning. On my particular experience, I tried out the Taiwan Beef Noodles, and I'd give that a 4/5. The OULUAT is good too, about Newton Hawker Centre standard. If you want to eat ouluat for $3.50 in aircon, this is the place. Fried Prawn mee was very presentable, but my parents said it was too watery. I didn't try the dimsum, but they actually have people pushing dimsum trolleys around from the dimsum stall, just like in a typical dimsum restaurant! waw!

Well as I said the variety is good, according to the poster the chicken rice served from the stall there is the famous chatterbox type one, so maybe it's worth checking out.

I'll just post some pictures. Oh yes. Prices, prices. On the average, about $4-$5 for a proper dish (like my beef noodles). $3 for the cheaper stuff. You can pay up to $8 for a set, like the Thai Olive Rice set my dad ordered (which comes with the olive rice, tomyam soup, and tapioca dessert).

pictures:







Edit: ah yes, how could I forget the wonderful background music. They were playing the entire 1962-1966/1967-1970 Beatles Albums that day for over an hour, and you all know I like the Beatles =)

edit by pohboi: it seems that Food Republic was advertised on YES 933 on the airwaves in Singapore; seems worth a try.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home